What are Bitcoin casinos?
Exactly what they sound like: casinos that allow you to gamble with bitcoin. Because of bitcoin’s increased popularity, anonymous payments, and fast transaction speeds, the world of online casinos has embraced it with open arms.
How do Bitcoin casino sites work?
Bitcoin casinos work like regular online casinos, and in fact, an increasing number of regular casino sites are now accepting bitcoin. There are some sites that only accept cryptocurrencies such as bitcoin, and others that accept both cryptocurrencies and fiat currency. In order to get started, you will need to create an account on your chosen online casino and transfer bitcoins from your wallet into your account.
What games can I play in Bitcoin casinos?
Bitcoin online casinos have a wide range of games available, and some that are unique to bitcoin gambling. Here are a few examples:
- Casino classics. These are the typical online casino games such as blackjack, roulette, big six wheel, faro, keno, craps, and many others.
- Slots. You can play a range of slot machines with bitcoin, including single coin, multipliers, wild play, video slots, progressive slots, and 3D slots.
- Poker. Bitcoin poker is one of the most popular uses of the cryptocurrency. Tables are available where you can play Texas hold’em, Caribbean stud poker, pai gow poker, and very other variety.
- Lottery. Lotteries are not a common form of gambling on regular online casinos, but you can find a good number of bitcoin casinos that have a variety of lottery-based games.
- Satoshi/Bitcoin dice. Unlike with traditional dice, in Satoshi dice a number is randomly generated between 0 and 65,535 and you have to bet whether you think it will be lower or higher than a number you choose before the ‘roll’. The transaction speeds are lightning quick and the game is responsible for the vast majority of bitcoin gambling transactions.
- Faucet games. These are games that allow you to earn free bitcoin by simply completing a captcha or a task set by the casino. These fraction amounts can then be used as a great way to test some of the games before you make a deposit.
Find casino bonus codes and free bets
Most bitcoin online casinos offer unique bonuses as well as free bets and spins to their users. It’s common for sites to offer deposit matching, and a lot of platforms will also offer free spins and bets as rewards for using the site. Deposit matching typically ranges from 50% – 200% (up to 1BTC). To learn more about the platforms with the best offers, have a look through our reviews.
Is depositing and withdrawing faster with Bitcoin casino sites?
Yes. Fast transaction speeds are actually one of the primary advantages of gambling with a bitcoin casino. Transactions are almost instant because the movement of bitcoin happens on the blockchain and doesn’t need to go through an intermediary such as a bank. It is worth noting however that if you are withdrawing a large amount, then some sites may have slightly slower speeds in order to verify the transaction.
Are there limits on Bitcoin casino sites?
Yes. Whatever bitcoin online casino you choose, there are likely to be deposit, withdrawal, and betting limits.
- Deposit Limits – The minimum deposit can vary in value, but is usually around 0.001 BTC. Sometimes you might find that the minimum deposit in order to get a deposit matching bonus is much higher (around £1,000 worth of bitcoin).
- Withdrawal Limits – When it comes to withdrawals, the limits on each site can vary considerably and some websites don’t list figures because of the fluctuating value of bitcoin. You can find bitcoin casinos that have withdrawal limits of around £1,000 worth of bitcoin, and others that don’t have a limit at all. You can compare them easily using our reviews.
- Betting Limits – These are dependent not only on the site you’re using but also on the game you’re playing. You can find slot games in which you can bet as little as 0.1 mBTC (one ten thousandth of a bitcoin), and high stakes blackjack games where you can bet up to 5 BTC on a hand. Whatever stakes you’re looking to play, we’ll help you find the right site.
What are the transaction fees?
Typically there are none, but on some sites you will be deducted the usual blockchain transaction fees, which are usually low (below £2 in bitcoin) and varies with time. Some wallets may also charge a fee, so it’s worth checking with your wallet to confirm their charges.
Are Bitcoin casinos available on my phone?
Yes, but usually only through a browser. Bitcoin online casinos almost all have mobile compatible sites but only some have as yet created apps that can be downloaded on iOS and Android systems.
Are bitcoin casinos legal?
This depends on where you are located. In the UK, gambling with digital currencies such as bitcoin is completely legal. However, only casinos that hold a license by the UKGC (UK Gambling Commission) are permitted to provide bitcoin casino games to UK customers. Our reviews will explain the regulatory status of all our recommended bitcoin casino providers.
How do I know they’re not rigged?
Because they can prove it. Many bitcoin online casinos are what is referred to as ‘provably fair’, which means they use blockchain technology to enable users to verify the fairness of the games. This system means that neither you nor the casino can manipulate the results of any bet.
How do CryptoSuper.market’s reviews work?
Good question. Our team meticulously researches both new and existing Bitcoin casinos, narrowing them down in terms reliability, fees, user experience, value for money, and the range of games on offer. We only review the sites that have passed our quality check.
And what are the risks?
Frankly, very few. One factor worth considering is the fluctuation of bitcoin’s value. If the prices shoot high, you could end up gambling more than you want to. However, if you are not planning on exchanging your bitcoins for fiat currency, this is irrelevant. Other than that, the other risks are the regular issues related to online gambling in general, such as scam websites. Our reviews will help you avoid those and deliver sites that are probably fair.
What are the advantages of using bitcoin casinos?
First, bitcoin transactions are anonymous, which means you can gamble online without revealing your identity. The transactions are also fast, so you don’t have to wait for days to have your payouts credited into your account. When it comes to the spending limits, some sites allow you to withdraw unlimited amount of bitcoin and spend as much as you want. Also, the transfer of your bitcoin happens on the blockchain, which not only ensures secure transactions, but also massively reduces the fees that regular sites will charge for transferring your money.
Should I bet bitcoin on a casino site?
Honestly, it’s up to you. If you bet with bitcoin in an online casino, you will enjoy more anonymity, low (or non existent) fees, and fast transaction speeds. If you like these factors, or you’re just interested in gambling with bitcoin in general, then bitcoin casino sites are definitely worth checking out.
How do I get started?
It’s easy. Start by browsing through our selection of sites and reviews and find the right bitcoin online casino for you. Remember to gamble responsibly.