What are bitcoin eSports betting sites?
Exactly what you’d expect: sites that allow you to bet on eSports with bitcoin. eSports is a short name for ‘electronic sports’, and usually involves video gaming. Although it has been around for a long time, eSports has taken off in recent years with many online bookmakers taking bets on their sites. The increasing popularity of bitcoin has led to it being embraced by online gambling, and betting with bitcoin on eSports is becoming more widely available by the day.
How do bitcoin eSports betting sites work?
Just like a regular eSports betting site, the difference is the currency you use. Like normal, you sign up and open an account with your chosen site, but instead of depositing fiat currency (GBP, USD etc.), you deposit bitcoin to bet with. A number of sites only accept bitcoin or other cryptocurrencies, whereas others support both crypto and fiat currencies. Now, many well known bookmakers are starting to incorporate bitcoin payments on their sites because of its popularity in the gambling world.
What eSports can I bet on with my bitcoin?
Any that you’d be able to bet on elsewhere. From Counter Strike: Global Offensive, to League of Legends, from FIFA to Call of Duty, you can bet on just about any eSports with bitcoin. Here’s a small selection of some of the most popular:
- CS: GO (Counterstrike: Global Offensive). CS: GO is one of the most popular first-person shooter games in the world of eSports. It involves two teams: terrorists and counter-terrorists, and each team have an objective. The round ends when members of the opposing team are eliminated or when the objective is achieved.
- Dota 2. Dota 2 is an arena-type battle game in which you play as a fantasy hero in a team of 5 to try and destroy the opposing team’s base while protecting your own.
- LoL (League of Legends). Another favourite in the eSports world, LoL is a multiplayer arena game in which players control a character known as a ‘champion.’ To win, one must destroy the opposing team’s building.
- FIFA. The most popular football video game has also made inroads into the world of eSports betting. Anything you can bet on relating to a regular football match is available in this digital version of the beautiful game.
- CoD (Call of Duty). CoD is one of the most widely played first-person shooter games. Developed and published by Activision, there are eSports betting markets for pretty much every game in the long running series.
- World of Tanks. World of Tanks is a multiplayer combat game in which players fight with (you guessed it) tanks. The game is won by destroying all the opposing team’s tanks or by capturing their base.
- Fortnite. Currently the most popular eSports title out there, Fortnite is a battle royale-based shooter that has taken the gaming world by storm.
- Hearthstone. A popular card game modelled off WarCraft characters, HearthStone is a widely popular turn-based game. You can bet on tournament results even on a daily basis.
Find betting bonus codes and free bets
Like regular sites, many bitcoin eSports betting platforms offer bonuses to attract new users and keep the loyalty of existing customers. The most common offer is deposit matching when you sign up to a site, which usually ranges from 50% – 200% of the amount you deposit.
Is depositing and withdrawing faster with Bitcoin eSports betting?
Absolutely. One of the best things about bitcoin eSports betting is that deposits and withdrawals are processed almost instantly. However, it is possible that if you are withdrawing a large amount at once there will be a delay in payment, but not usually more than a day so it’s still quicker than most regular betting sites.
Are there limits on Bitcoin eSports betting sites?
Some do have limits; others don’t. Here’s what to expect:
- Betting limits: The minimum and maximum amount you can bet will depend on the site and the sport on which you’re betting. It’s common for the minimum bet to be very small (around 0.0001BTC) and for the maximum to be in the region of 1BTC.
- Deposit limits: The deposit limit vary from one site to another. Usually, the minimum is around 0.001BTC, with no maximum set.
- Withdrawal limits: Usually Bitcoin eSports betting sites will have no withdrawal limit.
What are the transaction fees for withdrawals and deposits?
Mostly, there are none at all. If sites charge transaction fees at all, it’s usually only the miners’ fees for verifying the blockchain, which is usually below £2 worth of bitcoin.
Is Bitcoin eSports betting available on my mobile phone?
It’s not very common to find eSport betting websites running on apps, but there a few that do. Most of the platforms, however, have made their sites to be mobile-friendly, allowing users access through their smartphones and tablets. Nitrogensports.eu is one such site, and in fact, Nitrogen users were warned last September about a fake app having appeared on the Google Play store trying to steal account details.
Is betting with bitcoin legal?
This depends on where you are located. In the UK, betting with digital currencies such as bitcoin is completely legal. However, only betting platforms that hold a license by the UKGC (UK Gambling Commission) are permitted to provide bitcoin betting to UK customers. Our reviews will explain the regulatory status of all our recommended bitcoin betting providers.
If you are not based in the UK, be sure to check with your local legislation to ensure that you are being compliant with the law.
How do CryptoSuper.market’s reviews work?
Good question. Our team meticulously researches both new and existing Bitcoin eSport sites, narrowing them down in terms reliability, fees, user experience, value for money, and the range of games on offer. We only review the sites that have passed our quality check.
What are the risks of betting on eSports with bitcoin?
Frankly, very few. One factor worth considering is the fluctuation of bitcoin’s value. If the prices shoot high, you could end up gambling more than you want to. However, if you are not planning on exchanging your bitcoins for fiat currency, this is irrelevant. Other than that, the other risks are the regular issues related to online gambling in general, such as scam websites. Oure reviews will help you avoid those and deliver sites that are provably fair.
And what are the advantages?
The first pro of betting with bitcoin is anonymity. Bitcoin transactions are completely anonymous so your gambling activities can’t be traced back to your identity. Transaction speeds are also very fast and payouts are usually instant. On top of this, the fees for bitcoin gambling withdrawals tend to be much lower than regular sites that rely on banks to handle their payments.
Should I bet on eSports with bitcoin?
It’s up to you. If you want to gamble on eSports with anonymity, low fees, and fast transactions, then betting with bitcoin is a great option.
How do I get started?
This is the easy part. All you need to do is compare the platforms in our table and reviews and select one that suits your needs. You can register an account, deposit your bitcoins and begin betting right away.