What is bitcoin poker?
Just what it sounds like: playing poker with bitcoin. Thanks to the anonymous peer-to-peer transactions made possible with bitcoin, it has become very popular with online poker tables, and more and more sites are constantly emerging to meet the demand.
How do Bitcoin poker sites work?
Bitcoin poker sites work just like the regular poker sites, only that you don’t bet using fiat currency (such as GBP or USD) – you bet using bitcoin. Some bitcoin poker sites support both fiat currency and cryptocurrencies, whereas others only support cryptocurrency payments.
What options are there with bitcoin poker?
There are several poker options you can consider playing with bitcoin. These include:
- Tables with various limits. Sites will usually offer a wide variety of tables with maximum and minimum betting limits, alongside no limit tables if you’re looking to play for big money. Minimum bets start around 0.01BTC, and maximum bets will depend entirely on the site and table you choose.
- Many different varieties of poker. Just like with ‘normal’ sites you can play a wide variety of different types of bitcoin poker, such as Omaha, Texas Hold ‘Em, 7-Card Stud, 5-Card Draw, and Razz games.
- Tournaments. There are many bitcoin poker tournaments you can play, and one major advantage they have is that they’re open to anyone. The tournaments with the highest prize money are usually only open to professionals, but with bitcoin poker you can enter competitions with prize money ranging between 5 and 10 BTC. There are also tournaments with lower payouts, so if you’re into tournament poker then bitcoin poker sites are a great place to go.
Are there sites that focus specifically on bitcoin poker?
Yes there are. However, most of the time these come in the form of software that needs to be downloaded, rather than being able to play poker on the site directly. If you want to play bitcoin poker online then bitcoin gambling sites such as Nitrogen Sports are the best places to go.
Find poker bonus codes and free bets
Most bitcoin poker websites offer bonuses to attract users to play with them. Most commonly this comes in the form of matching between 50% – 200% of your first deposit. You can also commonly find freerolls being offered, which allow you to take part in tournaments without having to pay, and rakebacks that allow you to pocket a small portions of the rake collected by the site.
Is depositing and withdrawing faster with Bitcoin poker?
Definitely. The main advantage of using bitcoin in gambling is the speed of transactions. Whether you are transferring or withdrawing your funds, they will be credited in your account almost instantly (unless it’s a large amount of coins – in which case it often needs to be verified and might take a little longer).
Are there limits on Bitcoin poker tables?
Like regular sites, there are betting lists on bitcoin poker sites. These are:
- Betting Limits. Typically a minimum bet in bitcoin poker will be around 0.001BTC, with the maximum being determined by the table and site you choose.
- Deposit Limits. Minimum deposits with bitcoin poker sites also tend to start very low, usually around 0.01BTC. There doesn’t tend to be a limit on the amount that can be deposited.
- Withdraw Limits. It’s common for bitcoin poker sites to have no withdrawal limits, but if they’re present then usually the amount will be around £25,000 worth of bitcoin a month, or £1,000 a day. If you’re not playing for big money, withdrawal limits won’t apply.
Are there transaction fees for deposits and withdrawals?
Mostly bitcoin poker sites process transactions (both deposits and withdrawals) free of charge. You will need sometimes to pay miners’ fees when transferring funds, but these are commonly under £2. You should also check your bitcoin wallet to confirm whether or not it charges a small fee when moving bitcoins, as some wallets do this.
Is Bitcoin poker available on my mobile phone?
Yes, all good bitcoin poker sites have sites optimised to be played on mobile phones. It’s still uncommon to find official apps for bitcoin poker, but this is likely to change in the coming years.
Is playing poker with bitcoin legal?
This depends on where you are located. In the UK, playing poker with digital currencies such as bitcoin is completely legal. However, only poker platforms that hold a license by the UKGC (UK Gambling Commission) are permitted to provide bitcoin poker to UK customers. Our reviews will explain the regulatory status of all our recommended bitcoin poker providers.
If you are not based in the UK, be sure to check with your local legislation to ensure that you are being compliant with the law.
How do I know they’re not rigged?
It’s almost impossible to rig bitcoin poker games. This is because of the development of what’s called ‘provably fair’ gambling. Bitcoin poker sites use blockchain technology in a way that enables any player to verify that each shuffle is fair and not tampered with. Neither the players nor the site itself can rig the game without it being easily discoverable. Our comparisons will always guide you to trustworthy sites.
How do CryptoSuper.market’s reviews work?
Good question. Our team meticulously researches both new and existing Bitcoin poker sites, narrowing them down in terms reliability, fees, user experience, value for money, and the range of games on offer. We only review the sites that have passed our quality check.
What are the risks of playing online poker with bitcoin?
Frankly, very few. One factor worth considering is the fluctuation of bitcoin’s value. If the prices shoot high, you could end up gambling more than you want to. However, if you are not planning on exchanging your bitcoins for fiat currency, this is irrelevant. Other than that, the other risks are the regular issues related to online gambling in general, such as scam websites. Oure reviews will help you avoid those and deliver sites that are provably fair.
What are the advantages of gambling with bitcoin?
To begin with, using bitcoin is the cheapest way of funding your account. Except from the small miners’ fees that you will sometimes have to pay (which are usually less than £2), there aren’t any extra transaction fees from your chosen bitcoin poker site whatsoever. Compared to other payment methods, bitcoin transactions also are faster, as there’s no need to wait for them to be cleared by banks. As soon as your deposit or withdrawal is verified, your funds will be available in your account almost instantly. Finally, bitcoin transactions are anonymous, so you can gamble without having to reveal your identity.
Should I play poker with bitcoin?
This depends: bitcoin poker does have some great advantages. Being able to play ‘provably fair’ games means you can play with confidence that the cards haven’t been rigged. Bitcoin poker tables also have a reputation for having less experienced players, so if you are an experienced poker player you can benefit from softer competition. Bitcoin poker gives these advantages and allows you to gamble anonymously, while also guaranteeing fast transactions and low fees.
How do I get started?
That’s an easy one. Start by browsing our reviews to find the right bitcoin poker site for you. Then simply sign up for an account, transfer some bitcoin into it, and find a table. And, as always, don’t forget to gamble responsibly.