What is Ethereum bingo?
Simply as the name suggests: playing bingo with ether (the cryptocurrency used on the Ethereum network). Bingo is available to play in most Ethereum casinos, along with a wide variety of similar games such as keno.
How do Ethereum bingo sites work?
Ethereum bingo sites are no different from regular online bingo sites, just that you stake Ethereum instead of your local currency. Usually, the game is played on casino sites that accept ether rather than being dedicated bingo sites. You will find some sites that accept only ether, others will be regular online bingo halls with the option to gamble with ether. To get started, you’ll usually have to create an account and transfer ether into it.
You may have heard of Ethereum bingo smart contracts, which works slightly differently to regular online gambling. ‘Smart contracts’ are pieces of code on the Ethereum blockchain able to handle transactions automatically. The code that runs a bingo game can be written as a smart contract to make betting easier. During a bingo game the smart contract holds all ether bets in escrow, allowing users to stake ether directly from their wallets (and receive winnings instantly) while playing bingo directly against other users.
Right now, the technology behind bingo smart contracts is still being developed, so be sure to bookmark this page as we will update you will the latest information regarding smart contracts when it becomes available. For now, Ethereum bingo is mostly conducted within regular gambling casino sites.
What different kinds of bingo can I play with Ethereum?
There are several alternatives to bingo or variations of bingo that you can play on Ethereum casino sites. Here’s what you can expect:
Games with varying numbers of balls. Ethereum bingo sites offer games with various numbers of balls, with the most popular options being 90-ball and 75-ball. You will also come across sites providing 30-ball games.
Keno games. Keno is a similar game to bingo offered by many sites, but it’s more like a cross between lottery and bingo. When playing this game, you select a range of numbers to place wagers on a possible outcome. And just like bingo, a card known as a Keno card is used.
Lottery games. These are popular on Ethereum lottery sites and are usually played for large amounts of ether. The games can involve betting on various number of balls (usually around 5 to 7). You can predict from a number of options, including the exact number of balls drawn, the total sum of the numbers, as well as the colour of the balls.
Find Ethereum bingo bonus codes and free bets
Ethereum bingo sites usually offer bonus codes as well as free bets to reward its existing players and attract new ones to their platform. The bonuses include earning loyalty points that are redeemable for cash, free games or other bonuses, as well as deposit matching for first-time users, which can range from 50% to 200%. Browse through our table and reviews to find bingo sites with such great offers.
Is depositing and withdrawing faster with Ethereum bingo?
Yes. Compared to withdrawals on ‘normal’ bingo sites, which have to go through the banking system to reach you, transactions processed in Ethereum are often instant because they don’t go through a third party. However, depending on the site you intend to use, if you are making a large withdrawal, you may need to wait for some time for your transaction to be verified in-house.
Are there limits on Ethereum bingo sites?
Yes, if you’re playing Ethereum bingo through a casino, they’re likely to have deposit and withdrawal limits that apply to a particular site. However, most of them will not list an exact number of ether given the volatile nature of the coin’s price. Alternatively, they make only post fiat currency figures. Generally, you will come across:
- Betting limits. These might be a common limit that you find when playing Ethereum bingo, keno, or even lottery games, with the usual limit being 50 ether.
- Deposit limits. When depositing your ether into an Ethereum casino account, you’ll usually find a small minimum deposit amount, but it’ll usually be very low.
- Withdrawal limits. You’ll often encounter a maximum withdrawal limit per transaction/day/month depending on the site you use. Again this can vary with the price of ether at the time.
What are the transaction fees for deposits and withdrawals?
In most cases, Ethereum casinos will not charge transaction fees. However, you will always incur a blockchain network transaction fees known as ‘gas’ for moving funds on the Ethereum blockchain, which is a fee to reward miners for their service. These fees usually fluctuate depending on a number of factors, but they are usually under £1 worth of ether.
Is Ethereum bingo available on my phone?
Yes, Ethereum bingo sites are usually available to mobile users via mobile optimised browser pages, but not usually through mobile apps.
Is playing bingo with Ethereum legal?
This depends on where you are located. In the UK, gambling with digital currencies such as Ethereum is completely legal. However, only casinos that hold a license by the UKGC (UK Gambling Commission) are permitted to provide Ethereum casino games such as bingo to UK customers. Our reviews will explain the regulatory status of all our recommended Ethereum casino providers.
If you are not based in the UK, be sure to check with your local legislation to ensure that you are being compliant with the law.
How do I know they’re not rigged?
They’re not, and you can verify this yourself. Ethereum bingo sites can prove the fairness of their bingo games by being ‘provably fair’. This is a tool that helps you verify each roll result when playing a bingo, keno, or even lottery game to see if the algorithms being used for the rolls were not disingenuous.
How do CryptoSuper.market’s reviews work?
Great question. Our team of cryptocurrency experts diligently researches both existing and new Ethereum casinos that offer bingo. In our process, we specifically focus on user experience, value for money, range of games, and security.
What are the risks of playing bingo with ether?
Honestly, there are very few, but they include:
- Fluctuations in price. The changing price of ether could mean you’re potentially gambling with more than you want to – but if you don’t intend on exchanging your ether for fiat currency this will not be important to you.
- Disingenuous sites. Just like regular betting sites, you may be gambling on a website or casino that runs disingenuous algorithms, which could be designed to benefit the service provider in an illegitimate way.
Ultimately, be sure to look at our reviews, as we will only provide you with secure and trusted sites.
And what are the advantages?
There are quite a number of advantages to playing bingo with Ethereum, and they include:
- Anonymity. Playing bingo in an Ethereum online casino gives you the opportunity to gamble anonymously. With Ethereum, you can often gamble online without having to submit your personal information to a site, and even if you have to supply an email address, you won’t be traceable through your bank transfers into the account as you would be on a ‘regular’ site.
- Lower transaction fees. Because you don’t have to deposit into Ethereum bingo sites from your bank account, but directly from your ether wallet, there tend to be no fees whatsoever. You will have to pay the ‘gas’ fees for using the Ethereum blockchain, but these are very low and are not connected to the site you’re using.
- Faster transaction speeds. The Ethereum blockchain verifies transactions very quickly, and usually instantly. This means you’ll typically have no delay between depositing ether and being able to play bingo on your chosen site.
Should I play bingo with Ethereum?
Honestly, that’s up to you. If you are a fan of bingo, you’ll be able to take advantage of faster transactions, lower transaction fees, and anonymity whilst playing bingo on an Ethereum casino site.
How do I get started?
You can do so right here. Start by browsing our selection of reviews of reputable sites that allow you to play bingo with your ether.