What is Ethereum eSports betting?
Just as you’d expect: betting on eSports using ether (the cryptocurrency used on the Ethereum network). eSports, also known as electronic sports, involve people playing video games at a professional level. The increasing popularity of Ethereum combined with its anonymity has made it a popular option for eSports betting, with many eSportsbooks featuring a large range of game titles on their site.
How do Ethereum eSports betting sites work?
These sites work similar to regular eSports betting sites, but instead of using regular currency (pounds, dollars, etc.), you use Ethereum to stake on your bets. Some sites are built to accept both fiat and cryptocurrencies, whereas others are only built to accept top cryptos such as Bitcoin, Ethereum, and Litecoin.
To get started, you will need to first create an account with your preferred eSports betting site, and then transfer ether from your wallet to your account’s personalised wallet. You can then use the ether to start betting on your favourite eSport games.
What eSports can I bet on with my ether?
All games that you’d be able to bet on regular eSports betting sites, from League of Legends to FIFA to Counter Strike: Global Offensive. Here’s a list of some of the most popular eSports titles:
- CS: GO (Counterstrike: Global Offensive). CS: GO is one of the most popular first-person shooter games in the world of eSports. It involves two teams: terrorists and counter-terrorists, and each team have an objective. The round ends when members of the opposing team are eliminated or when the objective is achieved.
- Fortnite. Currently the most popular eSports title out there, Fortnite is a battle royale-based shooter that has taken the gaming world by storm.
- Dota 2. Dota 2 is an arena-type battle game in which you play as a fantasy hero in a team of 5 to try and destroy the opposing team’s base while protecting your own.
- LoL (League of Legends). Another favourite in the eSports world, LoL is a multiplayer arena game in which players control a character known as a ‘champion.’ To win, one must destroy the opposing team’s building.
- FIFA. The most popular football video game has also made inroads into the world of eSports betting. Anything you can bet on relating to a regular football match is available in this digital version of the beautiful game.
- CoD (Call of Duty). CoD is one of the most widely played first-person shooter games. Developed and published by Activision, there are eSports betting markets for pretty much every game in the long-running series.
- World of Tanks. World of Tanks is a multiplayer combat game in which players fight with (you guessed it) tanks. The game is won by destroying all the opposing team’s tanks or by capturing their base.
- Hearthstone. A popular card game modelled off WarCraft characters, HearthStone is a widely popular turn-based game. You can bet on tournament results even on a daily basis.
Find Ethereum eSports betting bonus codes and free bets
Just like ‘regular’ eSports betting sites, there are many Ethereum eSports betting platforms that offer unique bonuses in order to attract customers and reward their loyal existing ones, from free bets to deposit matching (usually 50% to 100%) of an initial deposit up to 25 ether.
Is depositing and withdrawing faster with Ethereum eSports betting?
Yes. The best thing with using Ethereum to bet on eSports is that deposits and withdrawals are settled almost instantly because the transactions don’t have to go through a third party.
Are there limits on Ethereum eSports betting sites?
There will usually be a number of limits, but they depend on the platform you use. You can expect limits such as:
- Betting Limits. It’s common to have a minimum limit of around 0.001 ether and a maximum of around 50 ether per placed bet.
- Deposit Limits. These also vary depending on the site you use, but often you will find that the minimum deposit is usually around 0.01 ether, and that there is no set maximum.
- Withdraw Limits. Most Ethereum eSports betting sites will have no such limits. However, you can come across a few with that restrict you to around £1,000 worth of ether per transaction or even day.
What are the transaction fees for deposits and withdrawals?
In most cases, you will not encounter any transaction fees. However, you will be charged with a transaction fee for moving funds from one wallet to another on the Ethereum blockchain. This is a network transaction fee known as ‘gas’, which is typically very low (less than £1 worth of ether).
Is Ethereum eSports betting available on my phone?
You may not find a lot of Ethereum eSports betting platforms on mobile apps, but many of them will have optimised web pages, allowing you to operate the site easily on an Android or iOS device.
Is betting with Ethereum legal?
This depends on where you are located. In the UK, betting with digital currencies such as Ethereum is completely legal. However, only betting platforms that hold a license by the UKGC (UK Gambling Commission) are permitted to provide Ethereum betting to UK customers. Our reviews will explain the regulatory status of all our recommended Ethereum betting providers.
If you are not based in the UK, be sure to check with your local legislation to ensure that you are being compliant with the law.
How do CryptoSuper.market’s reviews work?
Great question. Our team of crypto experts diligently researches both existing and new eSports betting options. We specifically focus on each site’s user experience, value for money, range of eSports, and security.
What are the risks of gambling with ether?
Honestly, there are very few, but they include:
- Fluctuations in price. The changing price of ether could mean you’re potentially betting with more than you want to – but if you don’t intend on exchanging your ether for fiat currency this will not be important to you.
- Scam websites. There will always be people setting up websites to scam people out of money, and it’s no different when it comes to cryptocurrency. There have been a few notable scams in recent years, but if you use our tables and reviews we will only ever recommend reputable Ethereum eSports sites.
Ultimately, be sure to look at our reviews, as we will only provide you with secure and trusted sites.
And what are the advantages?
There are multiple advantages that come with eSports betting with ether, including:
- Anonymity. Betting with ether allows you to gamble anonymously. With Ethereum eSports betting platforms, you can often place bets online without having to submit your personal information to a site. If you have to provide anything, it will usually just be an email address, and you will still be more anonymous than on any site that you have to send funds to from your bank account.
- Lower transaction fees. Because you don’t have to deposit into Ethereum eSports sites from your bank account, but directly from your ether wallet, there tend to be no fees whatsoever. You will have to pay the ‘gas’ fees for using the Ethereum blockchain, but these are very low and are not connected to the site you’re using.
- Faster transaction speeds. The Ethereum blockchain verifies transactions very quickly, and usually instantly. This means you’ll typically have no delay between depositing ether and being able to bet on your chosen eSports site.
Should I bet on eSports with Ethereum?
With all the advantages and risks involved outlined, it’s upon you to decide whether to bet on eSports with Ethereum or not. If anonymous gambling and low fees sound good to you, then by all means you should go for it.
How do I get started?
You can do so right here. We’ve narrowed down all the best Ethereum eSports betting providers here and reviewed them, which you can make use of to choose the perfect platform for you.